Course professor: MA Jelena Lukić
Silk painting is an ancient technique that has been used for over 3,500 years, surviving even today’s modern world, thanks to the unflagging international interest for this beautiful technique. The technique of painting on silk is extremely demanding , and in practice it have been proved to be the most optimal for the participants in the initial stage to make copies or to paint based on templates (the choice of motifs is done in consultation with the teacher). During the work the students get acquainted with the primary means of artistic expression, such as line, composition, color palette, tonal values. The theoretical study includes the preparation for painting, the use of different techniques and technological aids, combined with other materials, as well as the history of the technique itself -in order to successfully apply the knowledge in practice. The aim of the course is that the participants develop their own creativity, improve various techniques, and finally to apply the technique on to garments or everyday objects.
Also, painting on silk has proven ideal for relaxation and therapeutic purposes!
The course participants will first learn cold and then warm techniques of silk painting. The program includes modern and traditional techniques, including the use of modern and traditional technological aids.
1. Introduction to the material, preparation for painting and assistive technology
2. History of painting on silk; types of silk
3. Fundamentals of composition, theory and color palettes; combining colors and media
4. Serti technique
5. "Wet on wet" technique or spill technique
6. The technique of painting with sea salt and alcohol
7. Filter Technique
8. Watercolor technique
9. Acrylic technique
10. The use of a nebulizer and a primer
11. Watercolor grund technique
12. Template technique
13. Seal technique
14. Sumi technique
15. Batik technique (pigments)
16. Traditional batik technique of protective layer
17. Method of painting using wax
18. Shibori technique
19. Analysis and development of form: Selection of inspiration, stylization, transposition
20. Developing of the personal style
21. Application on the garment or utilitarian item
22. Application on the garment or utilitarian item - final implementation
From the individual pace of work and the possibilities of participants depends the duration of the overall program. Also, special attention is paid to the development of various accessories and clothing, according to the wishes of the participants.
The course is suitable for anyone (beginner or advanced).